COVID policies after March 12, 2022
Masks are highly recommended, but not required. Masks will still be available for students that wish one at the front desk as they enter school.
We have several medically fragile staff and students on our campus. Out of respect for their safety, I would ask that you consider others' health as you make your decisions. Staff may require unmasked individuals to remain separated by a shield.
Students and Staff with Symptoms of COVID:
Advise staff members and students with symptoms of COVID-19 infection not to return for in-person instruction until they have met CDPH criteria to return to school for those with symptoms:
- At least 24 hours have passed since resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medications; AND
- Other symptoms are improving; AND
- They have a negative test for SARS-CoV-2, OR a healthcare provider has provided documentation that the symptoms are typical of their underlying chronic condition (e.g., allergies or asthma) OR a healthcare provider has confirmed an alternative named diagnosis (e.g., Streptococcal pharyngitis, Coxsackie virus), OR at least 10 days have passed since symptom onset.
Student or Staff Tests Positive:
If the student or staff member tests positive for SARS-CoV-2:
- Stay home (PDF) for at least 5 days.
- Isolation can end after day 5 if symptoms are not present or are resolving and a diagnostic specimen* collected on day 5 or later tests negative.
- If unable to test or choosing not to test, and symptoms are not present or are resolving, isolation can end after day 10.
- If fever is present, isolation should be continued until fever resolves.
- If symptoms, other than fever, are not resolving continue to isolate until symptoms are resolving or until after day 10.
- Per CDPH masking guidance, it is strongly recommended that persons wear a well-fitting mask around others for a total of 10 days, especially in indoor settings
Students Vaccinated or recent COVID (within last 90 days):
Quarantine recommendations for student close contacts who have completed at least the primary series of COVID-19 vaccines OR had COVID-19 within the last 90 days:
- Quarantine is NOT recommended. Students without symptoms may remain in school and participate in all school activities. It is strongly recommended that exposed students wear a well-fitting mask around others for a total of 10 days following the last date of exposure.
- Student close contacts who have completed at least the primary series of COVID-19 vaccines should get tested 3-5 days after exposure, or sooner if symptoms develop (in which case they should also stay home); AND
- Student close contacts who had COVID-19 within the last 90 days do not need to test unless they develop symptoms (in which case an antigen test is preferred, and they should also stay home).
Students Not Vaccinated, No recent COVID or REFUSES TO PROVIDE VACCINATION STATUS:
Quarantine recommendations for student close contacts who have NOT completed the primary series of COVID-19 vaccines NOR had COVID-19 within the last 90 days for exposures when both parties were wearing a mask. These are adapted from the CDC K-12 guidance and CDC definition of a close contact.
- When both parties were wearing a mask in any school setting in which students are supervised by school staff (including indoor or outdoor school settings and school buses, including on buses operated by public and private school systems), students close contacts (more than 15 minutes over a 24-hour period within 0-6 feet) may undergo a modified quarantine as follows. They may continue to attend school for in-person instruction if they:
- Are asymptomatic;
- Continue to appropriately mask;
- Undergo at least twice weekly testing during quarantine; and
- Continue to quarantine for all extracurricular activities at school, including sports, and activities within the community setting.
Quarantine duration recommendations for student close contacts who have NOT completed the primary series of COVID-19 vaccines NOR had COVID-19 within the last 90 days OR refuse to disclose vaccination status in:
- Standard quarantine (i.e., students who were not wearing masks or for whom the infected individual was not wearing a mask during the exposure); OR
- Modified quarantine
- Quarantine can end after day 5 if symptoms are not present and a diagnostic specimen collected on day 5 or later tests negative. If unable to test or choosing not to test, and symptoms are not present, quarantine can end after day 10. It is strongly recommended that exposed persons wear a well-fitting mask around others for a total of 10 days following the last date of exposure.