School Board Documents
For more information, please contact [email protected].
LCAP, LCFF and Other Board Documents
School Board Members
- A longstanding passion for education and the social/ emotional development of youth, Doreen has been employed at New Haven Youth and Family Services for 37 years. Formerly educated in social work, she believes a successful and edifying educational experience is paramount to instilling hope in our students. She founded Trade Tech High School in 2005.
- I am a native Californian, oldest of 9 baby boom children. I have been married for 48 years to Helen, with whom I raised 5 children. I graduated from Loyola University of Los Angeles in 1969 with a BBA in management. I started a greeting card and poster business with some friends in 1970. The business never achieved the goals we had for it. I then became an auditor for the Board of Equalization, enrolled in post graduate studies and became a CPA. I worked for Deloitte as an auditor, then ran the audit department for a small firm in Burbank, CA. After moving to Oceanside, I founded a public accounting firm in 1981 which grew to about 25 persons when I retired in 2022. I always found school difficult and I love to work with my hands. I believe that one of the worst things we have done in public education is that we stopped the shop classes. Boys in their teens need these classes and the male mentorship that usually accompanies them. I am thrilled to be on the board of Trade Tech. I wish there had been a school like Trade Tech when I was in high school!
- Retired CPA who supports alternate style of Education instruction.
- My interest in Trade Tech HIgh stems from the need to prepare students, who may or may not be college bound, for badly needed, high paying trade related jobs that can’t be shipped overseas. I believe we are failing certain of our student population if we don’t prepare them for something other than college.
Board Meeting Dates for 2022-23
February 14, 2023
2022-23 Agendas and Minutes
Board Meeting Dates for 2021-22
2021-2022 Board Information and Agendas
Board Meeting Dates for 2020-21
2020-2021 Board Information
Board Meeting Dates for 2019-20
2019-2020 Board Information
School Board Meetings 2018-2019
2018-2019 Board Information
Annual Update Approvals
Annually during the regular meeting of the Board of Directors around June, the school board will review:
- LCAP Goals, Actions and Services
- CAASPP Annual Achievement Review
- School Documents
- General Standards, Policies and Uniform Complaint Process
- Student Handbook
- LCFF board policies and regulations
- Transfer Procedure to/from Trade Tech
- Academic review procedure for: ELA, Math, SS, Science and ELD
- Parent Engagement plan
- Transportation Plan
- Independent Study